An easy-going post for you this lovely Sunday morning (a bit more lovely than it usually is, given that my daughter is away for the weekend, so that her deserving parents actually got to sleep in today!), I woke to find that I’ve actually been awarded. Yay!! 🙂
The award in question is The Very Inspiring Blogger Award, and it’s kindly given to me by Tracy Makara over at Pull Up A Toadstool. I am more than grateful for this, for as my readers may have observed, I’ve been away from my blog for a while. Part of the reason, besides me not knowing in which direction to take it, has been that I felt like I was talking to a brick wall, without anybody even listening to a word I have to say anyway. Therefore, I’m so happy and proud to receive this award today – seems like someone has been listening after all, huh? Thank you, Tracy!! 🙂
The rules for receiving “the very inspiring blogger award” are to tell seven random things about yourself, thank the person who has given you the award by linking back to them, pass the award over to other bloggers, and let them know you’ve awarded them.
1. I cannot sleep while laying flat on my back, I have to curl up somehow. This is especially fun when travelling by bus or by plane. Or when I was pregnant. Or when I was pregnant AND had to take a delayed night flight home from Crete. Ticking bomb, much?
2. I (or rather the 12-year-old version of me!) have a yellow belt in Tae Kwon Do. I should never have quit. But on the other hand, I’m glad I did. The 19-year-old version of me would probably not have handled that skill very well.
3. I am totally in love with the aerobic programs from the 80’s. Jane Fonda FTW!
4. My memory is too good, compared to other people’s. The past is like yesterday to me. To them, it never happened. Makes for some frustrating conversations, I tell you..!
5. Some of my joints are hypermobile. They bend the other way, too! Fun, because some of the Tae Kwon Do tricks won’t work on me (or my mom and aunt), as we found out back then. Annoying, because I can’t grate cheese lest my wrist acts up. Once I sprained my wrist while tying my shoe laces. 😆
6. I really want to learn Spanish. I’ve started taking courses three times, but never seem to be able to follow through for some reason.
7. I am an absolute sucker for young adult literature and movies, and I’m longingly counting down towards the last Twilight movie.
And now… let’s see. To whom shall I pass this award on to?
As You Wish Healing-Light is an obvious choice. Pip is such an inspiration, both on her blog and on social media. I’m really glad I get to know you, Pip! 🙂
Spirit Moves Dance is another one. I’ve always wanted to be a dancer, but I’ve never had the opportunity to actually learn, and never had the confidence to play it by heart, either. Meg changes that, I’m so in love with her dance videos! Thank you for that, Meg! 🙂
And then, a Norwegian blog – but I’m sure y’all can translate it with Google, if you want. Ane Hagen’s blog is inspirational in terms of getting through the rough patches, and in terms of getting the body into shape. She’s honest to the core, voices her sometimes strong opinions, fearless and strong, showing the world her vulnerable sides as well. She’s announced that she’s quitting her blog in August, but she truly deserves to go out with flying colours and an award such as this. Thank you, Ane! I shall miss your blog posts. 🙂